Avocados are the fruit which originated from the South Central part of Mexico. The avocado tree is classified under the Lauraceae family. Avocados have green skin and a fleshy body that appears to be in the shape of a pear. This fruit contains a high amount of fat than most fruits. The oil that is extracted from avocados has a high smoke point which makes it expensive in comparison to the regular cooking oil. Avocados are generally served raw in the culinary world. It is used as the base for guacamoles in Mexican cuisine which is trending worldwide. Avocados are rich in Vitamin B and Vitamin K and also contains a right amount of Vitamin C, Vitamin E and potassium. The Oil that is extracted from avocados can be used for cooking as well as dressing on a salad or even cosmetics for gaining healthy, glowing skin. Avocado oil is one of the few oils that is not extracted from a seed. As mentioned above, avocado oil is also beneficial for the skin. They are as follows :
● Moisturises and gives nourishment: Avocado oil contains Vitamin E and other essential nutrients which helps to nourish and moisturize the skin. The outermost layer of your skin, which is known as the epidermis, can easily absorb all the nutrients from the avocado oil and will help to give you supple and soft skin.
● Reduces Inflammation: Avocado oil contains various antioxidants and vitamins, which is very good for the body and the skin as well. To heal the irritated and flaky skin at a faster pace, these antioxidants and vitamins might be helpful as they reduce redness and inflammation. These symptoms are usually associated with eczema and psoriasis. Before applying the avocado oil all over your face, a person with this type of skin condition should first test it out on a patch of skin to ensure that the oil does not cause the skin to get more irritated.
● Reduces and Treats Acne: By applying avocado oil on your skin, it may reduce the chances of getting acne. The anti-inflammatory elements of the avocado oil help to reduce the inflammation that is caused by acne. Apply the oil on your skin for a short period every day and rinse it off with lukewarm water in order to remove all the excess oil residue.
● Improves wound healing: Research has shown that avocado oils help in healing any wound at a faster pace. Avocado oil contains essential fatty acids and oleic acid, which can help in collagen synthesis. These crucial fatty acids found in avocado oil also assist in reducing inflammation while at the same time heal the wound. More research needs to be conducted on avocado oil and its use in treating and healing wounds.
● Heals sunburned skin: The antioxidants that are present in avocado oil heals to heal the sunburnt areas on the skin. Vitamin E and D, protein and other essential fatty acids in the oil can help to heal and soothe the sunburnt skin. To protect the skin from the deadly Ultraviolet rays, which may lead to skin cancer consumption of Avocados might be helpful.
● Scalp health: To reduce dandruff and other problems caused by a dry scalp, apply avocado oil for it helps in nourishing your scalp.
Several research initiatives have shown that avocados can also help in preventing or avoiding many health problems such as high cholesterol, diabetes, and much more. Avocado oil is relatively easy to include in your skincare routine. You can easily purchase avocado oil online. You can also use natural avocado face mask.